Why a UPS Turnkey Solution is Vital to Your Facility
“Turnkey.” It’s a term that’s used in many industries, but what does it really mean when it comes to your generator and UPS system? In this industry, a “turnkey” solution simply provides a start to finish approach with equipment and installation solutions.
However, what is included in your solution can vary based on your turnkey service provider. For QPS customers, a turnkey project allows the customer to focus on their core business while QPS manages the rest. Everything from designing a complex solution to arranging permits and schedules to complete installation of a new generator or UPS system, our expertise ensures a smooth transition.
So why consider a Generator or UPS turnkey solution when it comes to your critical power network? To begin with, it can simply be the most efficient option for you. With our experienced Certified Power Quality professionals, we have the ability to analyze your needs and develop a power solution that best fits your power requirements- and more importantly- your budget. With total project management, your turnkey solution can be seamlessly integrated into your existing infrastructure with minimal disruption to your business.
The opposite course of action would be to manage a UPS or other critical power project in-house and design, install and manage all aspects. While some companies have the staff and expertise to pull this off, it is not the optimum solution for many businesses. At first glance, an in-house operation may seem to be the most cost efficient way to go, especially for companies with limited budgets. But this can often lead to escalating costs, improperly sized or inefficient systems, an overemphasis on short-term benefits versus long-term goals, and overlooked regulatory compliance or even costly downtime.
Even though each turnkey solution is unique and based upon the needs of the individual client, there are several considerations that are universal to every project.
- Design – the first part of any critical power installation or replacement is to consider the entire electrical infrastructure. Will the current design support new UPS or generator equipment? Does the power infrastructure align with the clients anticipated growth or contraction? What improvements can be made during the project that might bolster efficiency or prevent downtime in the future?
- Equipment Selection – One of the most critical component is the selection of your UPS System or generator. We are an independent service provider. Our goal is to ensure that you have the type of UPS system and generator that is appropriate for your facility and environment.
- Construction – We’ll handle all of the construction planning. It doesn’t matter if it’s a minor expansion, an upgrade or a brand new facility, we have it covered.
- Electrical – Our experienced electricians will plot out new electrical systems or repair faulty ones. We can even do an in-depth arc flash analysis.
- Delivery and Rigging – Due to our vendor contracts, we have connections to ensure safe delivery of all of your equipment and ensure that it is installed to the exact specifications.
- Fire Suppression – Safety is paramount in any back-up power project. We can incorporate many fire safety precautions including state-of-the-art fire suppression systems.
- Air Conditioning – Heat is the worst enemy of your backup power network. We can help size your cooling capacity to ensure that your facility maintains proper temperature levels for your equipment to run at its optimum.
- State and Local Permits – Permits can be the most complicated part of the entire process. We take this aspect off your mind by working with state and local officials to get the proper permits signed and in order before the work begins.
- Project Management – The key to a successful project is how it is managed. We carefully plan installation tasks, timelines and inspections. This requires detailed coordination with contractors and key employees. And every project ends with a complete on-site inspection to make sure everything has been completed properly, meets requirements and exceeds expectations.
At QPS, our UPS turnkey solutions are designed from the ground up addressing both your short-term and long-term backup power needs. A great example of this; one of our recent clients found themselves in a situation where they needed clean, reliable power in order to ensure ongoing services. They were concerned that the risk of power failure was too great under their current set-up, which in turn put their own clients at risk. This was an untenable situation and needed to be addressed quickly.
By working closely with the client, we developed a turnkey solution specific to their needs that addressed all of their concerns including implementing a scalable, modular UPS that synced with their existing generator. Our technicians and service engineers managed the entire project and ensured that the transition was seamless, providing them with peace of mind and future security.
The entire process of implementing a turnkey solution is managed by our team of Certified Power Quality professionals. From the initial consultative meeting with your key team members to outline recommendations and timelines, our team is with you every step of the way. We handle the project planning, by setting a strategy and implementing it, to making sure that the project is meeting its milestones with progress inspections. As the total source for power protection, we’ll make sure that you have that right power equipment to complete your solution. Throughout the project we are continuously managing contractors and budgets, but most importantly checking in with you to provide updates and ensure your satisfaction. When your turnkey solution is complete you will have peace of mind knowing that experienced, skilled, professionals will complete an on-site inspection to insure that all installations have been completed properly.
A turnkey power solution encompasses many innovative power solutions. Whether you need to remodel, build, or grow your facility, make sure to consider a turnkey solution the next time you’re evaluating the future of you back-up power systems.